Monday, July 29, 2013

Halloween comes to Michael's

Halloween is no Mardi Gras or anything, but I'd still count it as one of my favorite times of year. So this weekend when I popped in to Michael's for what I thought would be a quick trip  to pick through the summer crafting leftovers that might be on clearance, it's not really a surprise that I instead got totally distracted by their adorable Halloween stock. 

In my defense, I don't think their Halloween decor has even been half this cute or glittery.

There were quite a few things I would've loved to get for Muses shoes, but I managed to talk myself down: it's not even August yet, none of it is going anywhere, wait until you can use a coupon, etc. 
I did take some pictures to remind myself of items I'll pick up the next time I'm there and have a coupon that's not spoken for.

Item 1 - Glittered foam vase filler "bubbles." Oh, you precious glittery foam bubbles I will be back for you. So light, so glittery, and such great colors! I'm picturing the purple ones on a purple, green and gold shoe, the acid green ones on my WIP voodoo shoe and the silver bubbles on a Bathtub shoe. These are going to be fun. I only wish they also came in pearl and gold...
I hope no one is judging me for how in love with bags of tiny glittery foam balls I am.
Silver glitter bubbles, great for the Bathtub shoe I've been picturing
Item 2 = Ravens! An amazing assortment of glittery ravens of all shapes and sizes, including some wearing little glittery witches hats. I will definitely want some wee glittered Ravens to do some Baltimore shoes if/when my sister rides.


They also had life sized owls and ravens...I can't fit one on a Muses shoe, but damn were they cool.

It's too bad the white owls aren't a little smaller, it'd be fun to do a Harry Potter shoe.

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

It's worth nothing that Halloween is still 3 months off...which means I have a long wait between now and the Halloween stock going on clearance, but I think that's going to be a fun trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment