Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday in NOLA: Red Beans & Rice

Saving some ideas for a red beans and rice shoe that I'm starting:

-Want to try to write "Muses" in rice and red beans, coat with Elmer's glue? Arrange beans on wax paper or Ziploc, maybe with some lettering to trace, or maybe just free-hand? Cover with glue to seal shape and transfer.
- I've seen a few red bean and rice shoes, here's a particularly gorgeous one on the Muses website. Like that one, I want to decorate with actual dried red beans and rice and I think I'm going to decorate with a spray of Camellias I picked up 70% off at Michael's (as a nod to Camellia red beans)
- Dirty Coast Monday shirt

I would love to try making my own little resin embellishments for shoes (Fleurty Girl also has really cute voodoo resin magnets and King Cake baby resin magnets), but I haven't ever done it before. Something to keep in mind

No comments:

Post a Comment