Saturday, April 27, 2013

Making mini-NOLA Tiles

I opened a fresh bottle of Mod Podge last week, which is the best time to make mini-NOLA tiles. The rationale here is that after a couple glitter coats, you get a little glitter in your glue, which is fine for layering glitter on shoes, but tends to ever so slightly mar the clear top coat on a mini tile.

I don't think it matters if you use matte vs. gloss Mod Podge for the shoe glittering, but here I'd recommend the gloss version.


I tried out a few fonts/sizing options before I settled on the top version. The top and middle are  from the MUSES tile logo (at the bottom of the official webpage) in two slightly different sizes, the bottom row is the font from the 2013 magnetic note pad)

Some finished 1/2" by 1/2" tile sets in various states of glue-drying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment