Thursday, March 14, 2013

New Orleans Street Tiles

Saving some links/ideas:

My tiles are the 1/2" x 1/2" square white mosaic tiles from ebay seller bluerivermosaic (I also bought some wee 1/4" x 1/4" mirror tiles from this seller, for my 2013 disco shoe). To create the mini-tiles, I applied a thin layer of mod podge to the tile, then pressed down the cut-out paper tile, then added another thin layer of mod podge. This year, I'd like to try glittering the letters a little.

I found the font online (the site is currently down, I'll fix the link when/if it goes back up). During my research of tile fonts, I found two links to share: (1) Derby Pottery, where you can buy replica tiles and (2) NOLA Tiles, another spot to get replica tiles or NOLA tile coasters.

I haven't decided yet what to spell out on the shoes with the mini-tiles, possibly the muses streets, or simply a selection of famous NOLA streets?

Of course, I will be adding some MUSES tiles to some shoes, as in 2013's set:

2013 shoes with mini-NOLA tiles spelling out "MUSES"


I'd also really like to do a shoe in the style/color scheme of Muses Title Float (picture here and here), though for that, I may use the official Muses tile logo (bottom of the Muses home page) because it has that same cracked, slightly misaligned authentic quality as the title float (and the street tiles themselves, for that matter).

1 comment:

  1. Hello Glitter Addict!
    Thanks for letting people know about getting the "real" street tile letters from Derby Pottery and tile!! #derbypotteryandtileneworleans.

    ReplyDelete