Sunday, April 28, 2013

K&B Shoe

"Look at almost any corner,
And what do you see?
A big purple sign that says,
Friendly K and B!"

I've had an eye out for K&B purple glitter for a while, which to be honest was mostly about finding the color that matched up with the K&B purple of my childhood memories. I think this is a common approach, because there are a lot of different interpretations of K&B purple around nowadays. Your personal idea of K&B purple is probably like your conception of smut...tough to define clearly, but you know it when you see it.

It's tough to tell for sure when you're looking online, but this shade struck me and I wanted to try The Glitter Source, so I went for it, and here's the just about finished K&B Shoe:
Sparkly K&B Purple Shoe
The two purples are from The Glitter Source (fine light purple on the exterior of the shoe and lavender sparkle on the platform, heel and interior). The silver sole, lettering, and K&B logo are Recollections glitter (color "Bling" which is an iridescent/mirrored silver). The edges are lined with mirrored silver sequin trim.




I free-handed the "Muses" and did my trace-and-transfer technique for the logo (I'm going to blog the details of that soon, but it's pretty easy: you trace a print out onto a ziploc bag in 3D puff paint and glitter, let it dry totally and then peel and glue onto the shoe)

The most accurate photo hue-wise

I need to add the year, and I think I've going to put a gold oval border around the K&B logo (like so) in relatively small rhinestones or sequins, maybe gold glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment