Sunday, March 24, 2013

2013 Shoe #10 - Blush and Bashful

"I like pink. Pink is my signature color."

2013 was the 25th Anniversary of Steel Magnolias (the stage version, the film wouldn't come out until 1989). I have a deep and abiding love of Steel Magnolias, so I wanted to have at least one-themed tribute shoe, a Muses shoe I think Shelby would've wanted to catch.

Truvy: What are your colors, Shelby?
Shelby: They're "blush" and "bashful."
M'Lynn: Her colors are "pink" and "pink."
Shelby: My colors are "blush" and "bashful," Mama!
M'Lynn: How precious is the wedding gonna get, I ask you?
Shelby: My colors are "blush" and "bashful." I have chosen two shades of pink, one is much deeper than the other.

Two shades of pink, one much deeper than the other (of course, I'm not honestly sure which is blush and which is bashful) The exterior of the shoe is hot pink and the interior is a pale pink (both Recollections, in "raspberry" and bubblegum," respectively). Hot pink sequin trim around the edges.
This was one of two 2013 shoes that got MUSES tiles. Details on how I made them are in this post. I tried to get a sideways shot to show the 3D effect you get with the mini-tiles.



Bird's eye view of the shoe, showing the placement of the "MUSES" tiles on the front of the shoe

The entire bottom of the shoe was a holographic pink from Joann's (don't remember the brand and color specs). Sometimes I delineate the heel, but I didn't on this shoe. The edge around the bottom of the shoe and edge around the top of the shoe were lined with hot pink sequin trim.

Not shown here, but I also wrote "Muses" and "2013" on this shoe with silver glitter, because if Shelby and Jackson first got married in 1988 it would've been Shelby and Jackson's silver anniversary this year. Next year will be the 25th anniversary of the film, so I may still be able to do some of the Steel Magnolias themed shoes I didn't do in 2013.

And with that, I am caught up on 2013 shoes, so all shoes from here on out will be for post-2013 seasons. And now I think I'll go watch Steel Magnolias again...if you can't say anything nice, come sit by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment