Sunday, March 24, 2013

2013 Shoe #5 - Hot pink and purple

Another pretty straightforward design, a slingback wedge open toe shoe in gold (Recollections), hot pink (Martha Stewart) and purple (also Martha Stewart). I don't normally like lose straps, but I really liked this shoe shape (I used the other for the 2013 Peacock Shoe). I'm pretty sure these shoes were picked up at Goodwill (they were a brown leather with wicker wedges, and got a spray painted coat of gold before glittering). 

Almost finished shoe - gold body, purple interior and sole, hot pink wedge, hot pink sequin trim, glittery flower embellishment, gold lettering on the wedge
The flower embellishment on this shoe was a discounted decoration from Target that was deeply onsale after Christmas. The center was a little beat up, so I trimmed it and added a big pearl and some hot pink sequins so it would lean a little more in the tropical flower direction and less in the poinsettia direction.


The edges were lined in hot pink sequin trim. I bought a huge roll of hot pink sequin trim at Jefferson Variety 6 or 7 years ago for a costume and I'm still working through it. That roll is huge. I think I use approx. 1-2 yards of trim per shoe, but that's a ballpark and obviously depends on the shoe.

Showing the "Muses 2013" on the wedge (this was one of the only ones I dated in 2013 because I wasn't sure how many of the ten I made in 2013 would actually be thrown, though in the end they all were)

After some debate about whether or not it would be too much, I eventually added some purple and pink rhinestones to the gold body of the shoe, but never got any pictures of the totally finished shoe.

1 comment: