Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Work in Progress - The Angelo Brocato's Spumoni Shoe

A big project at work has kept me too busy to put in any real shoe work the past month, but I did want to share a work in progress, the Spumoni shoe:


This shoe was inspired by the colors of a uniquely NOLA-dessert at a uniquely NOLA establishment, Angelo Brocato's. Here's the shoe with a reference image from the Angelo Brocato's website (http://www.angelobrocatosicecream.com/) to show how the colors match up (yeah, I'm pretty proud):

From the website: "A three layer ice cream pistachio, tutti-frutti and lemon with a whipped cream center"


I accented the shoe in a bright coppery-gold glitter on the sole and gold sequins, because I was picturing that big, gorgeous brassy coffee machine behind the counter. I also did a little puff of feathers in the pink, yellow, green and white color scheme and tried to arrange them so they were also in little segments.

Another picture from a different angle showing the white interior and the gold trim

The white glitter for the "whipped cream center" is Tulip. The pink, yellow and green are the result of layering different shades of glitter, especially Martha Stewart ("bubblegum" and  "lemon drop") and the Oriental Trading Springtime collection (I talk a bit more about OT glitter in this post).

I'm still deciding what I want to add to this one to finish it in the way of lettering (I'd like to do a glittery version of the neon sign outside if possible, and of course it needs "Muses"). I'm also thinking of adding some red and green rhinestones in the interior to break up the monotony and give it a candied-fruit/cassata vibe. Because all the glitter and sequin-trimming is done (and only transfers remain), this shoe is currently in NOLA and I don't know when I'll finish it up.

Some Angelo Brocato related links:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Angelo-Brocato-Ice-Cream/225731713793
http://www.nolanotes.com/2008/04/18/angelo-brocatos/

No comments:

Post a Comment