Thursday, June 27, 2013

Heard it Through the Grapevine shoe

We put together about 10 togas and wreaths for Greek Fest a while back, and I had a few scraps leftover from the wreath supplies. It was only a few inches of vine, but also two little grape clusters and I figured waste not, want not. I got wreath supplies from Michael's with a 25% off everything including sale items coupon right before Greek Fest.

I coated the leaves with green Oriental Trading glitter, then traced veins in 3D puff paint and did those in a chartreuse Martha Stewart glitter (not sure which color). I did the exterior of the show in Oriental Trading purple (from the Halloween collection), the interior and heel in Recollections (color "champagne") and the sole in Recollections (color "Muse). I lined the edged in gold sequin trim and glued on the leaves and grapes with E6000.




I'll bring it to NOLA the next time I go (though it still needs lettering). One more mostly done!

No comments:

Post a Comment