Thursday, June 13, 2013

Glitter Recommendation - Oriental Trading

A big project at work has kept me too busy to put in any real shoe work the past month, but I did want to share a quick glitter recommendation.

A while back I came across the sets of 4 or 5 bottles of fine glitter on Oriental Trading. I bought the  Springtime Assortment and the Halloween Assortment and both (particularly the Halloween Set) have been awesome. I would really recommend the Oriental Trading glitter for Muses Shoes: it's nice quality glitter, the colors are great and the price per ounce is excellent: four 2.5 oz bottles comes to only $0.85 per ounce (though that is without without factoring in shipping).

In addition to those two they have a Fall Assortment and a Bright Glitter Assortment at the moment, but I think the stock varies (I would just search "fine glitter" on Oriental Trading). I think the Halloween Set is an especially good buy for Muses shoes because you can get a lot of mileage out of purple, green and black (the latter to be combined with gold, naturally).

There are lots of other craft supplies on Oriental Trading. I haven't tried anything besides the glitter yet, but if you put some time into hunting through the site you could probably get a pretty good bang for your buck shipping-costs-wise.

258 days until Muses 2014! Happy glittering!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nori,

    I found your blog while researching the Krewe of Muses. My family live far from NOLA and until this year we never celebrated Mardi Gras. My son and I decided to do it this year, though, and I am still having a fun time learning about all of the fabulous Krewes, especially Muses. Anyway, you probably already know this, but just in case - every other month or so OTC has a Free Shipping No Minimum deal. In fact, there's one going on right now. Since Krewe of Muses has got me all shoe-obsessed, I purchased the glitter you recommended, and they had 360 flat backed Halloween pearls (3mm-6mm) for $2 which seems like a good deal to me. I'm almost ready to start my first shoe! Thank you for the inspiration (and for sharing all of your tips and tricks)! I'm a fan. Cheers, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I am on the OT email list so I can catch their specials. Those glitter sets really are a good deal, cheaper overall than a lot of the brands at Michael's. I'm going to do an updated posting of my favorite glitter sources and brands, your comment reminds me to recommend signing up for the mailing list, so thank you!!

      So glad you like the blog!! I would love to see your shoes when you get going :)

      It's awesome you're celebrating Mardi Gras with your family. So many non-New Orleaneans think that it's this big drunken frat party where people just throw up and expose themselves (ew), and in reality it's a lot of wonderful traditions, unique and varied Krewes, elegant parties and a big city-wide party where you get to bond with your friends and family. So many families with little kids were out at the parades this year just having a blast.

      Delete