Friday, June 28, 2013

Teal, Black and Gold Buckle Shoe

I usually don't get heels with straps or buckles because I haven't been sure what to do with them other than cut them off, but this strap seemed thick enough not to flap around, so I experimented with glittering the strap and buckle.






The exterior teal is Recollections (color "peacock"...I have one of the big 5 oz bottles of this color and "orchid"). The interior and sole are Oriental Trading black glitter (Halloween collection). The strap and heel are Tulip gold (Tulip is pricier, but still my favorite gold). I added gold sequin trim around the edges, a feather cluster that was on sale at Michael's when I went to get Greek Fest supplies and black rhinestones on the buckle (I've had those in my stash for a while). I also added a big circular crystal rhinestone over the base of the feather cluster.

No comments:

Post a Comment