Friday, June 28, 2013

Neon 1980's Shoe

Joann's used to carry (might still) these containers divided into four with four colors of glitter in them and I bought one in pinks (which I used on the Blush and Bashful shoe) and one in neons. I wouldn't get these again as getting the glitter back into the container is deeply annoying (I will transfer as soon as I free up some normal tubes), but since I had all those neons, I did go ahead and make a neon shoe. Once it was all glittered, I decided to trim with black sequins to give it a 1980's cartoon vibe (but I will admit that this take on 1980's fashion is only slightly more accurate than college girls dressing for 80's parties). The pack came with four neons (green, orange, lemon yellow and hot pink), so I supplemented with Martha Stewart "blueberry slush" over Recollections "peacock" (like this shoe) for the sole and stripe. If I wanted to do more neon shoes, I would probably go for the Martha Stewart 12-pack of neon glitter.





PS- I can't mention the 1980s without seriously recommending the book Ready Player One. If you have any sparks of 80's nostalgia in your heart, go read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment