Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Monday and Tuesday 6/17 and 6/18 notes

I have a lot of shoes in the works at the moment, so I'm going to compile notes a little differently for a bit: usually I wait and post all the notes on a particular shoe when it's more or less finished, but for the moment I'm going to compile the work I do in a given day and reorganize later because otherwise I don't think I'll be able to keep track. To give an idea of how many shoes I have going right now: I bought a brand new tube of E6000 Friday and I am fresh out. Blew through it in four days. Yikes.

Mon. 6/17 and Tues. 6/18

- Added "Muses" and last few scales on the Gator Loafer, that's more or less done (maybe some Spanish moss?)

- Started on a Doctor Who shoe...more on that later, but it's got two coats of Recollections "marine" so far

- Added a coat of Recollections "marine" to another shoe (planning a blue, red and gold shoe)

- Worked on a new shoe, the Rose shoe; coated back of shoe with Recollections (color "Raspberry") then glued petals on the heel creating a rose blossom; heel in ArtMinds green with gold; did the foot in stripes of Recollections "raspberry" and ArtMinds green; the sole is Martha Stewart, a dark brown (look up color later); I also glittered six leaves in the ArtMinds green and added them to the "stem"/heel (five around the base of the "rose" and one lower down on the "stem"); interior of the shoe is gold (Recollections "gold"). The foot stripes will need another coat. Once all the glitter is dry, this will get some gold sequin trim and another flower glued on the foot (though this one won't be disassembled and reassemble)

- Teal, black and gold shoe nearly finished; two coats of Recollections "peacock" on the exterior, Tulip gold on the strap and buckle, Oriental Trading black on the interior and sole; added black rhinestones to the buckle and a cluster of black and teal feathers with a big circular rhinestone (attached the rhinestone with Jewel-It glue, rather than E6000)

- Went through an counted how many unglittered base shoes I have stashed, and it's about 25-30ish (the count of partially or totally glittered shoes is approx. 50 at the moment). Assuming I can more or less finish the 50 that are in progress now (~30 of which are >90% finished),

- Added another coat of black to the black and gold sandal

- Added a second coat of Recollections pink on the low heeled shoe that I'm planning to add pink flowers to

- Did the writing to transfer onto the black and gold Saints shoe ("Muses," "2014," and "who dat?") on Monday, and glued that on Tuesday. I need to touch up the black glitter around the letters, it got a little contaminated with some gold glitter and glue, but then that one's done

- Worked on the Hubig's transfers for the Hubig's pie shoe (I can transfer those when I get more E6000)

- Bored the holes and glued in six pink grommets in the "corset" section of the Pussyfooters shoe (that needs a lot of glittering)

- Added a coat of purple (Recollection, color "Muse") and hot pink (ArtMinds) to the orange and hot pink sandal

- Added more glitter to the neon hippie shoe - yellow interior (ran out of Tulip neon yellow, mixed in some Recollections) and green and pink exterior; still needs another coat of neon blue on the front and sole (may put down a coat of Recollections teal to make it brighter - this is a new technique I'm trying that I'll write up later. Once it's all glittered, add lettering and smiley faces

- Added Recollections yellow glitter to the interior of the the Louisiana citrus shoe; that'll get lime green and silver on the sole and heel, respectively. I need to work on the transfers for this one some more

- worked a bit more on the Glow in the Dark shoe

- Added another coat of mint green (Oriental Trading Springtime collection) to the green, red and gold shoe

- Added the mosiac tiles to the heel of the Water Lilies shoe (pictures of that shoe soon)

- Worked on the Ruby Slipper (gold interior that'll eventually become the yellow brick road leading to the Emerald City)

- I bought a pair of faux fur cheetah heels on ebay; coated one with Mod Podge to "seal it," then I'll trace the pattern in glitter, as I did on the Zebra diva shoes

- Pulled out a pair of shoes, one hot pink and copper and the other with a silver interior that will be another blue, green and silver shoe

- Worked a bit on a Tulane Green Waver wedge (saving the Tulane colors: here)


No comments:

Post a Comment