Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hot Pink and Blue Powderpuff Shoe

I've talked a little bit before about how some of the translucent glitters, particularly Martha Stewart, can be tough to use on Muses shoes. For white, I can spray paint the shoe prior to glittering, but it'd be tough to base coat every shoe in a different color (I stick to gold, silver or white). This was an experiment in using translucent glitters over opaque base glitters, and I'm really happy with the result. 

I first coated the exterior with Recollections (color "peacock"), then the second coat was Martha Stewart "blueberry slush." The resulting shade is a really nice, bright blue that I wouldn't have been able to achieve with either glitter alone (the pictures with flash show off the brightness). I will definitely be trying some more combinations like this (I've started layering bubblegum pink over orchid and hot pink on some shoes).

I'd consider this a good basic Muses shoe: bright colors and plenty of sequins, pink and fluffiness. The pink marabou on the front was salvaged from a flamingo costume (true story: we were getting rid of it because it was not in our top three flamingo costumes). The sole is purple (I think Oriental Trading), the interior is Recollections (color "bling") and the lettering is hot pink ArtMinds.






No comments:

Post a Comment