Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sirens Float Inspired Shoe

The catching up continues!

I posted a little research on some of the signature Muses floats I was planning to do as shoes in this post. So far, I've done a few green, blue and silver shoes (here and here) and a bathtub float inspired shoe. Last but not least, here's a Sirens float inspired shoe:



The Sirens float was introduced in 2013 (as described in this article) and depicts "a trio of topless mythological temptresses at the bow." I can't wait to see it in person in 2014, I loved looking over everyone's pictures and videos. The Sirens' hair and skin are various shades of purple and blue, which I tried to match to different glitters, including Martha Stewart "amethyst," "aquamarine," "lapis lazuli" and "blue topaz" and the dark purple is Recollections "muse."

I put a border of thick lavender sequin trim along the sides and a single strand of lavender sequin trim along the bottom edge. To represent the fabulous purple octopus hairdo on the Siren front and center, I attached a big two tone ribbon cluster on the top of the shoe that resembles the color scheme of the tentacles on the float:



Because the Sirens are wearing gold jewelry and they're surrounded by shipwrecked treasure, I wanted to do some gold accents. I lined the front stripes with gold sequin trim, and decorated the sides with gold nautical charms. I put some little white shells that I'd added some white glitter to on the front.
Little gold nautical charms along the side of the shoe: fish, shells, anchor, ship's wheel, sea horse and starfish

A pair of little white seashells on the front of the shoe (I also added a golden seashell, but that was after I took the pictures)
For the first swing at it, I'm pretty happy. I plan to do more Mermaid/Siren shoes (my research board is here). If I do another Sirens float-themed shoe, I think I'll go for a more overall blue color scheme (since the float looks more blue at night) and try to incorporate more shipwreck-ness (maybe along the lines of this AMAZING pirate Muses shoe), including some pearls, rope, fishnet and more shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment