Monday, September 30, 2013

Happy Monday: Work in Progress - Red Beans and Rice Shoe

No posts here in a while, I'm focusing on getting ready for Halloween (the biggest day of the year at the children's hospital where I do biomedical research). But rest assured I have been mentally cooking up some more shoes that I can't wait to make and share here.

Here's a shoe I'm working on, the Red Beans & Rice Shoe! It isn't really quite done, but since the posting has been sparse (and it's a Monday!) I thought I'd share it unfinished.

The interior is Recollections "champage." The wedge got coated in Elmer's glue, then covered in rice (working in batches around the shoe). After the wedge was totally rice-covered, it got a coating of Mod Podge and white glitter (ArtMinds stackable). The back of the shoe is Martha Stewart "emerald" to match the camellia leaves and invoke a little parsley garnish. I did the straps in a blend of reds and copper, then glued on individual red beans.

The back on the shoe is decorated with a spray of red camellias, in homage to the iconic Camellia Brand:







I'll update again when it finished with trim/touch-ups/lettering!

No comments:

Post a Comment