Monday, August 19, 2013

Bathtub Float Shoe


As I mentioned in this post, I've been working on some Krewe of Muses signature float-themed shoes this year. This shoe is my homage to the Muses Bathtub Float. What gal doesn't love a nice luxurious bubble bath?


I started with a pair of white high heels (if you want to do white glittered shoes, it helps a lot to use a white base shoe), which got three coats of ArtMinds white glitter. The "rim" of the bathtub is a silver and white sequin trim that was included in an awesome bag of leftover craft goodies from a friend's bridal second line umbrella (the silver fleur-de-lis on this 2013 shoe and white sequins on the Cafe du Muses shoe were from the same source). I used hot glue because the trim was really thick and substantial.

I glittered the bottom of the shoe in hot pink glitter to represent the hot pink fringe along the bottom edge of the (Recollections, color "Janelle") and lined that edge with hot pink sequin trim from Jefferson Variety. The interior is Martha Stewart in "lapis lazuli" (I was trying to match the color of the tinsel "water" coming out of the float's shower head). The heel I glittered with the iridescent silver Recollections (color "bling"), then I glued on tiny mirror tiles to continue the bathtub theme. 

For the bubbles, I used a mix of discarded Christmas tree ornaments (I needed to modify them a little, but a little nail polish remover took the glue off their bases pretty easily) and silver bubbles from Michael's Halloween decoration line that I got with a coupon the last time I was there. I hot glued them around the interior edge and tried to make cute little clusters to mimic the bubble on the float.




Bird's-eye shot showing the "bubble" arrangement, and the blue interior
Hot pink sole, iridescent silver heel with tiny little mirrored tiles
I took a lot of pictures to try to capture it, but unfortunately, there's so much sparkle and iridescence I can't seem to take a really representative photo. I'm afraid this is one you really need to see in person!!

No comments:

Post a Comment