Friday, September 6, 2013

Oyster Shoe

I posted some oyster research back in April, and won't rehash it all here, but suffice it to say the oyster is such a NOLA symbol, I definitely wanted to break into some oyster shoes this year.

The main hold up was that I didn't really know how to properly prep oyster shells for crafting...I scoured the internet, but wasn't really turning up much that I had complete confidence in. Lucky, lucky me, though, because a friend of mine is a Bearded Oyster, and kindly shared tips. As a result I was able to prepare a nice little stash of gorgeous shells for shoes.

Here's the first Oyster Shoe for 2014 (I hope/expect more to follow): 





The exterior is a dark gray Martha Stewart (hematite). The interior is black and silver mixed together for a night sky effect (Recollections for the black, Tulip for the silver). The heel is silver (Recollections "bling") and the sole is Recollections black. The shoe is trimmed with pearly iridescent sequin trim along the bottom edge, silver trim around the top edge, a little puff of silver boa with iridescent tinsel in it and two oyster shells touched up with a little iridescent paint and pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment