Tuesday, September 10, 2013

More Saints Shoes!

It's that time again....WHO DAT?

I finished the first Saints shoe of the year back in July (black and gold with a little football in a black feather marabou nest), and now have another two black and gold shoes ready for 2014:


The first is a sandal in Recollections black glitter with pale gold glitter (Recollections "champagne"). There's gold sequin trim around the edges on the shoe's back and across the foot and the thicker squiggly gold brain trim around the lower edge. The sole is dark purple (Recollection "muse"). I like the effect of a puff of feathers on the back of a shoe, so I broke down and bought a black and gold feather boa on Amazon to chop into bits for Saints shoes. I attach boa with hot glue rather than E6000, and just live with the stringy bits and risk of burning. The little black and gold sequin fleur-de-lis applique is from Jefferson Variety (I just realized haven't been to JV since April...I have got to get back there soon).






The second is also Recollections black glitter, but with a brassier, brighter gold interior and heel (Tulip brand glitter). The top edge and peep toe are lined with an alternating black and gold sequin trim from Jefferson Variety. The bottom edge is lined with gold sequin trim from the huge 24 yard role I bought from Amazon. I love that trim, incidentally...24 yards for $15 isn't a bad price. I find a 5 yard roll will cover ~3 shoes (depending on how crazy you go with the sequins), and the gold goes with just about everything, so I seem to be using it constantly.




No comments:

Post a Comment