Friday, August 2, 2013

Baltimore for the weekend!

I'm visiting my sister and taking a wee break before things go crazy at work this month. Incidentally, I probably won't be posting any glittered shoes until September, but there's still plenty of time between now and Muses 2014 (still over 200 days...boo)

We stopped at the Goodwill in Fells' Point, which is very different from other Goodwills I have visited. The Memphis Goodwill has far far slimmer pickings, but is much cheaper and NOLA is somewhere between the two. It was overwhelming (I could've gotten at least 20 really good pairs if I'd had the time/inclination), but I think I picked out some reasonable shoes:

My Goodwill purchased shoes on a pier in Baltimore (with the Under Armour HQ in the background)

That's one of my sister's dachshunds in the lower corner. Both her dogs are very into shoes...I'm sure Muses is their favorite too.
These were all $7-$8,. That's definitely is on the higher end of what I like to pay for Muses shoes because I don't like a shoe to be more than $5 including glitter, glue and decor, but these three are all excellent bases, so they won't take a lot of costly embellishment. That green pair has ribbon woven through grommets...I'm going to remove the ribbon, tape over the grommets while I glitter, then weave something fun in there like an LSU or Fleur de lis ribbon, or possibly I could make one in the pair into a Tiffany box shoe. That sandal is going to look great when the different bands are glittered different colors, and I'm just loving the topography of that wedge.

I'll go ahead acknowledge that I'm probably getting a little silly with picking up supplies/shoes on vacation, but in my defense the competition for high heels at Thrift Stores has got to be higher in NOLA than any other city on earth. I did see on the Facebook page someone mentioned that if you ask a lot of Thrift Stores have tubs of single shoes that they're just planning on throwing out...I may try and investigate that further.

No comments:

Post a Comment