Thursday, August 15, 2013

Artichoke Shoe

I haven't been able to update in a while, as I've been busy with work, but at long last I have a new mostly-finished shoe to post: the Artichoke Shoe!

I started out with a fake artichoke that I bought at Michael's with a 40% off coupon.


I removed all the leaves from the foam stem and glittered them each individually in two tones (Recollections "pesto" and "gold"). The back and foot of the shoe were glittered in "pesto," the interior "gold" and the sole (which doesn't really show in any of the pictures) was a deep purple (Recollections "muse"). Working with the same basic strategy as the Rose Shoe, I attached the "leaves" in rows working from the upper edge down to the top of the heel. Because the leaves were heavier than the petals, I used hot glue rather than E6000:



Edges were lined with green sequin trim:

Here's the back of the shoe (I touched it up after this photo was taken to cover the hot glue spots with green glitter):

And finally I added a glittery lemon slice (Martha Stewart "lemon drop" and Oriental Trading pastel yellow glitter):




4 comments:

  1. You're killing me! so fabulous and making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you...I could murder a stuffed artichoke right about now.

      Delete
  2. This is hands down the best MUSES shoe EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! It's funny, I can never predict which shoes are going to be other people's favorites. I would not have called this one!!

    ReplyDelete