Friday, March 20, 2015

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Females are Strong as Hell!)

Are you watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix? Let me go ahead and be the fourteen-billionth person to tell you to watch it, especially if you loved 30 Rock. It's incredibly quotable and made for binge watching. The whole show is really fun, but I had to screen-cap and share my favorite moment. In episode 7 "Kimmy Goes to a Party," Kimmy's gay roommate Titus is giving her a makeover for a fancy dinner party after telling her:
"I knew this day would come. I must make you over. It is the pact between my kind and yours, and in exchange, you buy us brunch sometimes."
The whole sequence is inspired, but right at the beginning you see Titus make her a pair of sparkly gold shoes with spray adhesive and a huge glitter filled bucket:

Can you picture the props department having to go out and buy the 30 lbs of glitter it must've taken to fill that sucker? Seriously, there's like a month's rent's worth of glitter in this shot. I also love that it's labeled "HOUSEHOLD GLITTER" like this is just his go to everyday glitter, and there's totally other glitter for other purposes.
Of course, I know all the true shoe glitterers out there will catch this goof: a quick spritz of spray adhesive is NOT going to yield good coverage, Titus!
Dunking the shoe in the bucket
Glittering in progress
Shoes getting nice and sparkly
The finished product! 
Once she's all made over, Titus tells Kimmy she's going to be buying him brunch, and I have to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment