Friday, March 20, 2015

Saint Joseph Shoe (late Throwback Thursday)

Yesterday was St. Joseph's day, and I love it when I happen to be in NOLA to visit the St. Joseph's altars. Yesterday we went to the altar at St. Dominic on Harrison and got our fava beans, cards, and fig cookies:


If I were a little better organized, this would've been a great Throwback Thursday yesterday, but let's all just pretend I'm on top of things like that...

A few years back, my friend was house hunting and it was a frustrating process, and she half-joked that she needed a St. Joseph statue to bury for luck with the move. I happened upon a great little statue for her, but thought it would up the mojo for her if it was a St. Joseph shoe (I'm not sure how that made sense to me, but it did at the time).

Here are some shots of the shoe:





Lettering said "Saint Joseph" on one side and "PRAY FOR US" on the other

Fava-bean-green sole (Recollections "pesto")

The shoe was Martha Stewart "brownstone" and Recollections "peacock" on the exterior, Martha Stewart "Florentine gold" for the heel and platform, Recollections "champagne" on the interior and Recollections "pesto" for the sole. The lettering was in puff paint before I was doing transferring. The edges were lined with gold sequin trim, the statue was affixed to the inside of the shoe, the toe was decorated with glittered fava beans and I attached some sprays of white lilies and pearls.

She did end up buying a house she loves. I'm not gonna say it was the shoe mojo because I think really she just worked really, really hard and persevered through an incredibly frustrating situation, but maybe it helped a little. It now lives in her little good mojo altar in that new house, an appropriate spot of honor for St. Joseph.

And for more St. Joseph shoe inspiration, check out Cari's awesome 2015 St. Joseph Bootie complete with glittery palm frond, lilies and medallion

No comments:

Post a Comment