Thursday, March 19, 2015

Quick updates! Instagram and a visit Gary's Arts, Craft and Needlework

I'm now on Instagram! If you're interested in following me, I'm GLITTER_ADDICT_NOLA. If you're mostly here for the pictures, that's obviously what my IG will be. Still learning the ropes, but I will probably post more WIP (works in progress) over there, and it's more likely things will show up on IG before my blog or Pinterest, because it's much easier to get pictures up. Excited to branch out into that!

I hadn't been in a very long time (at least 5 years, maybe longer), but we were in the neighborhood so I went to Gary's yesterday and couldn't get over how big their selection of craft supplies has gotten!!

Tons of great Mardi Gras supplies (I'm not ashamed to say I totally loaded up on King Cake babies)

Don't be fooled by this cute little rack of glitter - if you're a serious glitter addict, go find the big 1 lb jugs of the stuff in Aisle 2

THE PROMISED LAND!! I THINK I HEARD ANGELS SINGING!! Similar cost/quality as Oriental Trading glitter

In particular, they're now apparently carrying glitter by the pound for just a little over $1/ounce. Now, I know a 1 lb jug is a lot to work with, but it's a really great price (compare to my previous glitter pricing research here). If you're a New Orleans glitterer/crafter/DIY-er and haven't been to Gary's, I really recommend a visit. Everything is really reasonably priced, and the selection is tremendous for such a little space. It's a little overwhelming...allow yourself plenty of time to take it all in.

Links:
Between Gary's and Jefferson Variety and a new Michael's, New Orleaneans are really getting quite spoiled! I'm going to need to do an updated Glitter Rundown like I did last year to include Gary's 1 lb jugs of glitter and Kit Kraft bulk glitter. Stay tuned for that and a huge tutorial I'm working on getting up in the next week or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment