Monday, March 16, 2015

Starting on 2016 Shoes

Since I'm all caught up blogging 2015 shoes and the weather's a littler warmer, I can finally get cracking on 2016 shoes!

I have many, many shoes I'm trying to keep track of this year and a lot less mental bandwidth free to let them all rattle around, so I figured my usual wing it and see what happens approach wouldn't cut it. I've decided to implement a new organizational approach.

I took my "master list" and coverted it to this stack of index card. Each of these cards has a shoe idea on it - some specific and totally fleshed out in my mind, some a lot vaguer:


The cards are color coded: blue for shoes with specific recipients in mind, etc.

Then I went to my garage and organized my shoes by type (pumps, wedges, sandals, weird shapes, the handful of pairs of boots I bought in fits of courage) so I could assign cards faster. Then I matched up each card with a shoe:


Voila! Ready to glitter away. I can grab and work in little stretches without trying to remember which shoe I wanted to use for which idea and worrying about accidentally using up all my open toed wedges without proper planning. I still have unassigned cards, but I'm confident more shoes will come my way throughout the year. Here's some of my haul from my last trip to the Memphis half price Goodwill:

YASSS. Memphis Half Price Goodwill , you just get me.
I also visited my favorite source for shoes, Bloomin' Deals on Freret and got many, many pairs, including some baby shoes (that's going to be a first for me this year) and these technicolor lovelies:


Is this insane? Yeah, probably. But I'm a little insane about glittering shoes. So far I'm very excited about this plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment