Wednesday, January 1, 2014

BOOT!

I may have fibbed a little when I said I was done posting shoes for a while, but guess who got her boot balls* this weekend? YOURS TRULY!!

*I'm not going to get the definition quite right, but "boot balls" is a term I learned when I visited The Glitterage and refers to the courage it takes to Muse-ify a boot. 

Boot balls are required because it's way more surface area so you're using more material, which makes the stakes higher. Also the scale is bigger than you're used to working with so you second guess the design choices a lot more (at least I sure did). It was indeed terrifying, especially the decision to put boa around the top. But no guts, no glory, right?


Anyways, the glitter on this boot (violet-blue on the sole and heel, red on the front of the boot, gold on the back) is all Jefferson Variety. I lined the edges with a silver braid and added a silver fleur de lis  (same fleur de lis as the one I used on this 2012 shoe) and finished the whole thing off with a ring of blue boa with gold tinsel. Finished except for lettering!







No comments:

Post a Comment