Sunday, January 19, 2014

Scarlett O'Hara Green Curtain Dress Shoe

You know that scene in Gone with the Wind when Scarlett pulls down the portieres because she's going to Atlanta to see Rhett for the money to save Tara, and has to go "looking like a queen?" The resulting Green Curtain Dress was the inspiration for this shoe, because who doesn't just love that dress?

I was going through scraps in my mom's sewing room to see if there were any bits and bobs that might look good on a Muses shoe and noticed she had a few bits of upholstery trim, and I went from there.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a good forest green in the stash (all my greens are a little too bright/not dark enough), but I found the perfect color and The Glitterage so I went for it. The interior of the shoe and heel are Martha Stewart, the sole and lettering are Recollections champagne. The trimming was all leftover bits from my mom's stash with some brass and amber-colored rhinestone adornments to finish it off. I had some fringe, but couldn't really find a good spot on the shoe for it. I still have some upholstery trim so if I can find a good green glitter, I may do another take on this. I also have some trim that would be great on a Scarlett O'Hara garnet dress shoe.





No comments:

Post a Comment