Monday, January 6, 2014

Muses Shoevolution Shoe

Happy 12th Night to All!! 

With a mere 52 days standing between us and the 2014 Krewe of Muses parade, at long last we've reached the time of year where everyone else starts getting just as obsessed as I am year round. It's Carnival Time, Baby!!

If you visit the Krewe of Muses Facebook page regularly, you'll recognize this Shoevolution design from this awesome cover picture



I primed the shoe with white spray paint so the neon glitters would show. The yellow is Martha Stewart "lemon drop," the pink is Tree House Studio (color "pink ice"). The black on the interior, sole and lettering is Recollections.





4 comments:

  1. How did you make the little shoes? Are they paper cutouts, glittered, then glued on? --Fellow Muses

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little shoes are my go-to transfer technique, which I also use for lettering. I printed out the image (sized to fit the shoe), inserted the print out in a ziploc bag and traced the shoes with 3D tulip puff paint and covered the puff paint with glitter while it was still wet enough to hold the glitter. I let it dry overnight, then shook off the excess glitter and peeled the shoes off of the ziploc bag, then glued them onto the shoe with E6000. I've tried paper in the past, but I don't think it conforms as well. My small collection of notes on how to do transfers is here - http://glitteringshoes.blogspot.com/2013/06/transfers-mini-how-to-guide.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
    สเปรย์เคลือบรองเท้า

    ReplyDelete