Monday, December 16, 2013

Roman Candy Wagon Shoe

This shoe was inspired by the beautiful little red and white Roman Candy Wagon. The white glitter is Jefferson Variety, the red glitter on the wheels is Recollections (also the sole, though that doesn't show in any of the pictures). The miniature wagon wheels are from Hobby Lobby. I did the lettering in two steps, yellow first (Martha Stewart "lemon drop"), then red slightly offset. One side says "Roman Chewing Candy" and the other side says "75 cents a stick," both of which are written on the wagon. It still needs "Muses" and "2014" added, of course. The edges are lined with red sequin trim to match the wheels.






Close-up of the lettering
With flash
 This is probably going to be one of the last shoes I post for the 2014 ride, I'm just about ready to switch to finishing up mode. From now until February, I'll mostly be adding last embellishments to shoes that need a little extra pizzazz and writing "Muses 2014" on shoes which are finished except for lettering.

2 comments:

  1. Came across your Hansen's shoe on pinterest and lady, when I say you've got talent, you've got TALENT! LOVE this one!!! They're all so unique! I've only been to Muses twice and have never caught a shoe, but I can only hope one day when I catch one, it's half as awesome as all of yours! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me blush!! So glad you like the shoes. I love working on them, it really relaxes me and makes me feel connected to the city and traditions I'm so homesick for. All the shoes I saw people throwing and catching this year were amazing...I think everyone really up'ed their shoe game this year, and I bet 2015 will be even better!!

    ReplyDelete