Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tabasco Shoe

We had some leftover teeny tiny Tabasco sauce bottles from the bags we assembled for our out of town guest when we got married, and I thought that would be a cute shoe theme. I didn't want to leave the bottle full of actual sauce (which would in theory spoil one day), so I emptied the Tabasco bottle (into some beans, natch) and cleaned it out thoroughly with soapy water and a Q-tip. Once it was dry, I filled the bottle with red glitter and glued the cap back on.

I wasn't 100% sure if I'd like the holes in this shoe but now I LOVE THEM. When the shoe has cut-outs like this you have to be a little  more careful when you're painting the glue onto the shoe, but it wasn't too bad.

The interior is ArtMinds stackable (green with a tiny bit of gold mixed in), the heel and edges are ArtMinds silver. The main body and sole of the shoe are two shades of red, Recollections "cherry" and the slightly darker red from Oriental Trading (the pictures don't really show that there's a different in hue in different sections of the shoe). I had just enough red sequin trim left for the lower edge of the shoe and I lined the upper edge and peep-toe edge with individual silver sequins (placed with tweezers). I hot glued the red feather plume in the back (which may have to be replaced with something less fragile, I'm worried it's going to get crushed) and attached the glitter filled mini bottle on the front with E6000.







No comments:

Post a Comment