Monday, June 8, 2015

Jazz Fest Skywriting Shoe - 2016 Muses Shoe

During the second week of Jazz Fest (I went the first week and missed shoe glittering - cue sad face), my Facebook and Instagram feed were full of pictures of the lovely blue sky and the various inspirational words that were mysteriously appearing for the fest-goers' viewing pleasure.


Here are some links for more reading on the subject:
  • http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/local/orleans/2015/05/01/mysterious-nola-skywriter-revealed/26678041/
  • http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2015/04/who_new_orleans_skywriting.html
  • http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20150506/NEWS/150509832

This inspired me to do a skywriting shoe for 2016. For the sky blue, I used Martha Stewart "crystal mint" (which is, I think, a fairly new shade and would be superb for a Tiffany shoe). I don't usually use this much Martha Stewart iridescent glitter on a shoe since it's so pricey, but it was such a pretty sky blue, it was too perfect not to use.

To carry on the cloud theme, the heel and sole are silver (as in every cloud has a silver lining). The shoe is trimmed with silver sequin trim around the bottom and fluffy white marabou with silver tinsel that was in my stash. The cloud writing is iridescent white Scribbles 3D paint ("white mist," which is always out of stock in Memphis, but I scored at Joann's in NOLA at their Memorial Day sale) with white glitter over it.









If I had it to do over (and I may do more because I think it's a cute theme), I would use the sky blue glitter I bought at Gary's instead ($8.50/lb pretty much kicks the Martha Stewart glitter's butt all the way around the block) and I wouldn't put white glitter over the iridescent paint of the writing (it didn't add much sparkle to the shoe overall, and I think the plain paint looked more cloud-like).

Another one down, with 240 days to go!

Tally so far:
- Cake Shoes (six total)
- Storyville Whale Shoe
- I SPY Boot
- Skywriting Shoe
= 9 done, plus some secret ones I can't share yet

Edited to add (06/19/2015): Before I chuck it, here's my "master list" if anyone wants it:



No comments:

Post a Comment