Sunday, June 28, 2015

I'm gonna pop some tags (or whatever the shoe equivalent of that is...)

Working on lots of shoes and new techniques...should have plenty to share soon.

In the mean time, I found a new (to me) Thrift Store in Memphis, and thought I'd share my haul here. I don't imagine it means anything, since I don't know of any Muses/Nyx members here in Memphis (and if there are and you're reading this...WHY THE HECK ARE WE NOT GLITTERING TOGETHER YET?!?), but the store in question is AMVETS on Elvis Presley Blvd. If you're a Muse/Nyx Goddess passing through Memphis, first on your list should be Gus's Fried Chicken, and after lunch you should hit up this place. I didn't really have time to look through it, but they have an enormous purse selection. They aren't quite as cheap as Bloomin' Deals on Freret in NOLA, but are still quite cheap and have a huge selection. One of the perks of shoe glittering in Memphis is I'm not competing as much for the most stripper-tastic shoes.

Anyways, I first went last weekend and picked up these lovelies:

I will pretty much never pass up white shoes, because I can glitter them in pale translucent colors without the hassle of priming. I also now grab good open toe platform pumps like the two black pairs shown here because that's what I'm using for my Glittering 101 workshop. How awesomely stripper-tastic are the two pairs at the bottom? Definitely saving the red ones for something special.
When I was checking out, the cashier told me I should come back for the great big HUGE SALE they were having Sat. 06/27. She also gave me a $4 off coupon, so how could I resist? Yes, I'm that easily bought.

I went back yesterday and...bestill my heart...everything in the place was 50% off.

Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
It was kind of a mad house (this is apparently an annual sale), but totally worth it. Behold:

I've also started keeping an eye out for big wedges like that red pair - awesome for cake shoes

These brand new still stuffed with the original tissue zebra pumps were only $4.50 a pair, so of course I bought all four pairs. They were even a teeny tiny size (5.5 or 6) which as we all know are the very best for Muses shoes.

YAAASSSSSSS
So, a very successful pair of Thrift Store runs...and a good thing because they now recognize me (buying up two dozen stripper shoes can of course have that effect) so I'm going to have to lay low for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Last year I made a great LSU shoe using a zebra print shoe as the base... just an idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete