Sunday, February 1, 2015

The most wonderful time of the year!

Christmas, schmistmas....THIS right here is the most wonderful time of the year. Everyone awash in glitter and getting their one-of a kind hand decorated throws ready for the crowds: shoes, purses, messages in bottles, oysters, bandoliers, sunglasses, fedoras...did I miss any? I've been loving oogling other people's throws on Instgram, Facebook and Pinterest. It's amazing how much everyone has stepped it up this year - there are so many drool worthy purses and shoes for 2015.

This was making the Facebook rounds, but thought I'd share it here as well just in case anyone missed it and because I feel duty-bound to report glitter-related news: Send People You Hate Glitter. It went viral almost immediately (now there's even a copy cat site), and then the guy wound up selling the site for $85,000. Craziness! I must note that every NOLA friend of mine who shared the link pointed out that in New Orleans we generally love glitter, so wouldn't really see it as a punishment/expression of hatred.

I also wanted to share this, which I came across on Instagram:


EDIT 02/08/15 - Float 13, not Float 10 (as I'd previously posted) (I also updated the photo)

Sounds pretty exciting....if I have time, maybe I'll make a sign with my reason why I need a shoe ("BABY'S FIRST MUSES!)  and try my luck at Float #10 Float #13. I often hear that signs are the best way to get shoes (though my sister didn't throw to people with signs in 2014, since she figures they already get a lot of attention). I also had a friend recommend bringing booze to swap for coconuts at Zulu. Anyone else got any tips to share for scoring the best throws?

Less than two weeks until Muses Thursday!!! Let that glitter fly!!

5 comments:

  1. Regarding the Instagram photo above...The parade officials made a change to the Muses float numbers and we (the ones running this trend) are now Float 13 NOT Float 10. You can #shoemefloat13 for the updated photo. Thanks for sharing! We are very excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the correction, I'd been meaning to change it - will update it right now.

      Delete
  2. Oh and by the way, your shoes are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete