Friday, February 27, 2015

Current Events

I really want to make a shoe that's white with gold trim on one side and blue with black trim on the other but my husband would roll his eyes at me SO HARD (he's a vision scientist, has perfect color vision and was pretty much done hearing about this whole thing approximately 10 minutes into #dressgate). Plus, maybe nobody will even remember #dressgate next year? Of course that's what I said might happen to a #kalegate shoe 2 years ago...and look how that turned out (and yeah, I'm still reveling in that a little bit).

I can't attend this, but so dearly wish I could: http://www.bestofneworleans.com/blogofneworleans/archives/2015/02/27/courtyard-turtles-returning-to-brennans-with-a-celebratory-parade
PLEASE LET THERE BE PICTURES

I will definitely be making a Spock shoe, there's no doubt in my mind on that one. Rest in peace, Mr. Nimoy. LLAP.


3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the dress shoe! Even more so I LOVE the idea of a Spock shoe. I'm a severe Trekkie.. (OK and a Whovian) so a Spock shoe is Mandatory. .. maybe a Spock /Kirk Shoe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh...good idea! Mustard yellow on one side, blue on the other, with the insignia on the front? Maybe I'll do all three colors on there...gotta give the red shirts some love!

      Also a Trekkie and Whovian - we're hoping to ride with Krewe du Who in Chewbacchus this year, so I'm planning some crossover geek shoes! So many shoe ideas, so little time...

      Delete
  2. I love that Krewe. Was asked if I wanted to and thought OmG, what am I going to dress as. Saw on the FB page someone was interested in starting Supernatural sub-Krewe... I LOVE that show (and it's geeky references to X-Files among many others). So many choices. I think I'm going to talk the other half into it as well.

    ReplyDelete