Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Work in Progress - Voodoo Shoe

Busy working on shoes, so I haven't had much time to update here (posts may come in fits and spurts until after Mardi Gras 2014), but I wanted to share some pictures of a work in progress.

When Halloween stuff went on sale, I picked up some stuff that I thought had a good voodoo vibe, and I'm hoping to stretch it out to a couple of voodoo shoes this year.

Here's the base shoe, without most of the embellishment or "Muses 2014." The acidic green on the heel and platform is Martha Stewart "golden beryl." The purple is ArtMinds and the black is Recollections.



The shoe had a kinda cool and funky base, so I played with that:


Here are some pictures with flash:



Isn't that purple gorgeous?

I have a boatload of little voodoo doll magnets (I think all NOLA natives have a bunch of these...they just spring up in the backs of drawers and on fridges). It didn't seem glitzy enough for a shoe, so I dolled it up (see what I did there?)

Here the doll before its Muses makeover:


And here it is after:

That's definitely going to go on this shoe, possibly with some extra embellishment (I have some glitter skulls and little bottles I can throw in the mix), but I haven't decided on the final composition.

Happy glittering y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment