Friday, November 29, 2013

Tiffany Box Shoe

I've been in the planning phase of this shoe for nearly the whole year (see my research board here). The toughest part of this shoe is getting the shade of Tiffany blue right, everything else is pretty straightforward. I kept an eye out and even starting bringing a Tiffany bag with me to try and match, but never found anything dead-on perfect. I ultimately settled on blending two that were close, and I'm happy with the result. 

I started by spray painting the shoe with a couple of coats of white so I'd have a solid white base. I mixed together Recollections "Frost" and Martha Stewart "Wintergreen" until it matched the Tiffany box blue and the white base shoe got ~3 coats plus touch-ups (I mixed up ~1 oz, which was just about right, plus a little extra). 

The heel is Recollections "bling." The lettering is Tulip 3D paint in color "white mist" with a little ArtMinds white glitter sprinkled on it. The white satin ribbon is from a genuine Tiffany box. Other than the possibility of some crystal rhinestones on the heel and maybe some silver embellishment (both of which I'm still on the fence about), it's essentially ready to go at this point.




Lots of pictures of this one:

Profile - Muses

Profile - year



Ribbon wrapped peep-toe



With flash


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete