Saturday, May 4, 2013

Purple Green and Gold - Mardi Gras Striped Shoe

Happy Kentucky Derby/Second Weekend of Jazz Fest/Star Wars Day to all! I will personally be celebrating by sharing another more-or-less finished, 2014-or-later shoe!

I think you can't overuse the purple, green and gold color scheme, so when my first attempt at doing a green and white striped Cafe du Monde/Muses shoe wasn't really panning out I decided to salvage it by covering the white stripes in purple.

The green and gold glitters are both Tulip, the purple is Recollections "Muse." Green with purple stripes on the main body of the shoe, gold heel and interior and purple sole.




After the shoe was all glittered, I wanted to glitz it up some more with trim. I lined purple stripes with hot pink sequins and then lined the top and bottom edges with this great gold trim I bought 6 yards of with a 50% off coupon at Joann's.




I liked the shoe just fine before the trim, but I just love the finished effect. It's like a Sparkly Marie-Antoinette-ish Carnival Time Birthday Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment