Friday, May 29, 2015

Glitter at Gary's!

I'm in NOLA for a wedding, and today went to use the 20% off coupon I had at Gary's (if you don't already you should follow them on Facebook to get those coupons). I was looking forward to perusing their awesome selection of craft supplies and buying some of their super cheap $17/lb glitter (yeah, I buy glitter by the pound, what of it?) when I saw a sign that made my heart stop - GLITTER REG $16.99 NOW $8.50


After my head stopped swimming, I bought pretty much every color they had.

Regular followers of my blog know my cut off for glitter is $2/oz, and that I consider $1-$1.25/oz to be a "good price." Right now you can get glitter at Gary's for just north of $0.50/ounce (!) The selection of colors and quality/fineness are great, so the only issue is whether or not you can use a whole pound of glitter (if that's the hold up, maybe team up with some crafty friends and divy it up?)

I asked how long the sale would be on, but the cashier wasn't sure, so get it while the gettin's good! It's an awesome store, I've been shopping there since I was in high school. I never mentioned it here because I didn't know how big their glitter stock had grown (I bet at least partially in response to Muses, Nyx, etc.).

As I mentioned, there's a Facebook coupon that expires tomorrow for 20% off non-sale items, so take advantage of that if you can.

Where to go:
http://garyscrafts.com

Update: I've started using the glitter and while the fineness is great, I find some colors have a slightly plasticy chemical smell, so I'd recommend opening and using them in a well ventilated space. Of course, my husband says he doesn't smell anything, so it probably depends on how strong your sniffer is!

2 comments:

  1. Hit the glitter sale today...it's still happening. And, the cashier said they'll be receiving more colors next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, thank you for the update! I will try to visit again when I'm in town week after next (mostly out of curiosity/to see if the sale's still on...the approx. 20 lbs of glitter I bought should suffice for a good long while)

    ReplyDelete