Monday, July 28, 2014

PJ's Coffee Shoe

I suddenly notice that I have a string of shoes to share here that are all food or drink related! That's probably about 25% coincidence, 25% the fact that food and drink are such big parts of the New Orleans cultural experience and (if I'm being perfectly honest with y'all) 50% being pregnant and homesick! While there will be more food and drink shoes coming, I'll be mixing it up with some other themes too, I promise!!

For this shoe, I used the same general approach that I used on the 2014 Shoe Bliz shoe, I converted the back half of a shoe (the heel area) to a to-go coffee cup with lid. I glittered the main body of the shoe with a nice dark coffee brown (Recollections, color "espresso") then decorated the to go cup as a PJ's coffee cup. The red is Recollections "cherry." The black lid is Martha Stewart "onyx" and the white glitter on the bottom is probably ArtMinds (I have about 4 different brands that I use interchangeably when I need white glitter).


For the logo I traced and transferred using my go-to technique and did it in two pieces (the PJ's letters and the box). The purple is Martha Stewart "charoite." The yellow in the logo came out a little exaggerated because I could only get the lines so thin (I used WOW! brand "sunflower" over yellow Scribbles paint). I would've liked to have gotten the logo tracing a little cleaner, but it should still be recognizable. There are two logos on the cup, one on each side:


I covered the arch across the top of the shoe with some "whipped cream" (silicon based caulk) sprinkled with "cinnamon" (Martha Stewart "copper").



I got the idea to use silicon caulk to create texture from the DIY slice of cake postcards and I am having so much fun playing with it. I can't wait to share some of my other experiments with it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment